• Serve as key member of fund development department, including participation in all fundraising strategy meetings, and work directly with senior management.
• Responsible for key functions and operations for the fundraising team including managing work flow and follow-up, data management, and processing donations.
• Opportunity to be a part of Shalem College, Israel’s first liberal arts college.
• Full time position located in Jerusalem.
1. Coordinate department work flow and ensure follow-up.
• Track all open action items related to donors and ensure timely reminders and follow through.
• Maintain department’s master list of responsibilities and assignments.
• Assist in planning and development of overseas fundraising trips of senior management and student fundraising-related delegations.
2. Data Management
• Track the College’s interactions and relationship development with current and prospective donors.
• Track the College’s fundraising achievement and provide regular updates regarding progress.
• Manage and update the College’s donor database.
3. Fundraising Support
• In partnership with the Director of Development, prepare thorough briefing papers for all meetings with donors.
• Ensure that all donors receive appropriate and timely acknowledgment letters and tax receipts.
• Continually seek ways to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department’s support systems.
4. Donation Report Writing (depending on skill set of the applicant)
• Write select reports for donors detailing the impact of their designated gifts.
• BA degree
• 3-5 years of experience in fund development
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills (compared with other native speakers) and basic Hebrew language skills
• Highly organized, thorough, and detail-oriented work style
• Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at once
• Strong Microsoft Office skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience with Salesforce a plus